Omeprazole is used to treat certain Stomach and Esophagus problems Acid reflux, Ulcers.
- It is used for the treatment of pediatric, geriatric, and in case of renal insufficiency.
- It is also used in case of hepatic insufficiency.
- No special study has been done for Risek Capsule use in pregnancy. So, do not take it without consultation with the doctor. Also, avoid Risek capsule use in breastfeeding duration.
- It is used for dyspepsia, prophylaxis of acid, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- It is used for the treatment of children suffering from reflux esophagitis. It is also used for children having symptoms of heartburn and acid regurgitation.
- It is also used with antibiotic medicines for the treatment of duodenal ulcers which can be caused by helicobacter pylori.
The Risek Capsule dosage for adults and children is given below for different symptoms.
- For adults, it is recommended to take 20mg every day for four weeks if you are having symptoms related to symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease without esophagitis. But if you have symptoms related to erosive esophagitis and accompanying GERD, take dosage 4 to 8 weeks. However, to take advice fromthe doctor will be beneficial.
- For children, dosage depends on the weight of the body. If the child has a weight 0,7-1.4 mg/Kg body weight and has symptoms of GERD, then the dose should be up to 40mg and continue for 4 to 8 weeks and regularly consult to the doctor.
- In the case of gastric and duodenal Ulcer for children, take 20mg per day and take up to 4 weeks. But if the symptoms are of dyspepsia, the dosage quantity is 20mg per day.
For overdose, there is yet to clinical formula made. In overdose conditions, you may get symptoms of nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, and blurred vision, etc. Therefore, immediately consult with the doctor if any of the above situations persist.
Tell your doctor/Pharmacist your medical history of, Liver disease, Lupus. During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. This medication passes into breast milk. The effects on a nursing infant are unknown. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Some of the Risek Capsule side effects are described below.
- The common side effects of Risek are diarrhea, drowsiness, blurred vision. The other common side effects may include headache, stomach pain. When your body adjusts itself to this medicine, then they disappear.
- The other rare side effects are flushed skin, feeling sweaty, agitation, etc. you may also feel sick, wind and cold, constipation. There are some serious side effects, such as having yellow skin, dark pee, and tiredness. You may also get any serious allergic reaction. In these cases, immediately call the doctor and take help.